Create Live Room on videoportal
This manual explains how to create a channel on https://video.leidenuniv.nl and how to enable it for Live Room usage.
- Go to https://video.leidenuniv.nl and log in with your ULCN account
- Click on your name to open the menu-options available to your account
- Select ‘My Channels’
- In the new screen click the ‘Create Channel’-button
To create a channel please fill in the following fields:
- A title
- A short description
There are three global channel visibility settings:
- 'Private': This means that only users who have been invited to the channel can enter the channel and see its content
- 'Restricted': This ensures that anyone with a ULCN account can access your channel and see its content
- 'Public': Contact your faculty video coordinator to make your channel publicly available
- Go to the 'Channel Actions' in your Channel
- In ‘Options’ check the box ‘Enable Newrow Live Room’. This option is required to activate your Live Room
- Click the ‘Save’-button
- After saving your channel you will be guided to the ‘Edit’-page which will allow you to add users to your channel
- Select the tab ‘Users’.
- Click ‘Add Users’
- In the pop-up you can type user names. The easiest method is to type their ULCN name, or if unknown type their full name. Once you have typed in a name the available options will appear below. Select the correct user to add to your channel.
- For every user you can assign a permission level:
Can only view the content of the channel. A member can only participate in the Live Room
Can view the content from the channel and can also add content. A contributor can only participate in the Live Room
Can view and edit the content of the channel. A moderator also becomes a moderator of the Live Room and is able to start the Live Room session
Can view and edit all content of the channel. It can also remove users from the channel. A manager also moderates the Live Room and is able to start the Live Room session
- Once you have selected the users with their permission level, click ‘Add’
You can also change the permission level of users already added.
- Click on the pencil icon in the 'Actions' column of the user whose permissions you want to change
- Select a new permission level in the 'Permissions'-column
- Click on the diskette-icon to save your choice