To be able to effectively conduct remote teaching activities, we make use of tools that are also part of teaching practises in face-to-face teaching, like for example the learning management system Brightspace and Blackboard but also make use of tools specifically useful for remote teaching, like for example Kaltura Live Room or Microsoft Teams.
Throughout this website, we refer to different kinds of tools. Below, an overview of the most used tools supported by Leiden University is given, with links to their manuals. Are you looking for a more specific one? The ISSC maintains a list of more specialized tools available on the staff website.
Tools Supported by Leiden University
- Kaltura Liveroom for live sessions.
- Direct link to the LU Kaltura Video Portal
- Using Kaltura Capture you can create different types of recordings. For example, create a slide narration, check the video toolkit for tips.
- Use discussion fora in your learning management systems:
- Peermark for peer reviewing papers or essays:
- Rubrics for grading:
- Rubrics in Brightspace
- Rubrics in Blackboard
- Presenterswall for interaction through in-lecture voting, taking a poll and giving feedback.
- Microsoft Teams for small group interactions only.
- Skype for Business
- Office 365 and OneDrive