We are pleased to announce that Leiden University has started rolling out the Wooclap platform. Wooclap is a platform that promotes interactivity and participation in classes, face-to-face or remotely. The tool offers a range of possibilities for feedback, voting, quizzing and engaging students in a playful way in their learning activities. Wooclap is similar to Mentimeter, Leiden University chose Wooclap because of Data and Privacy considerations and a similar user experience to Mentimeter.
Currently, we are still working on integrations with other tools and platforms such as Brightspace. The official launch with centrally organised support will be January 1st 2023.
— How to join?
Create your wooclap account here.
Please create the account with your university email. Accounts will remain after the full launch.
— Why use Wooclap?
Increasing interaction between teachers and students can:
- enhance student attention and involvement,
- improve long-term retention of learning materials,
- identify gaps in knowledge,
- provide immediate feedback about your course,
- bring together online and on-campus students.
— How to start?
- Wooclap knowledge base
- 🎥 video tutorials on the Wooclap YouTube channel
- 📝 blogs with best practices and use-cases
- Getting started with wooclap
Currently, Wooclap is in a pre-launch phase. Accounts do remain in place when Wooclap is fully launched in January. From then on, central support will also be arranged. If there are any questions now, please contact Learning Experience Designer Chantal de Beun of the Centre for Innovation.